5 Convicted of US Terrorism Plot
The 5 radical Muslim immigrants who plotted to attack Ft. Dixon, NJ were convicted today.
Jordanian-born cab driver Mohamad Shnewer; Turkish-born convenience store clerk Serdar Tatar; and brothers Dritan, Eljvir and Shain Duka, ethnic Albanians from the former Yugoslavia, who had a roofing business were convicted of conspiring to kill military personnel and now face life in prison.
The initial investigation was sparked by a patriotic Circuit City clerk who alerted FBI agents when members of the group dropped of a video of them firing assault rifles and shouting jihad slogans. The FBI then used informants to infiltrate the group which led to the arrests.
Defense attorneys argued the group was never serious, it was all just talk. But the criminal complaint against the convicted terrorists claims the group:
- conducted firearms training in rural Pennsylvania
- traveled to Ft. Dix to conduct surveillance
- traveled to Dover AFB in Dover, Delaware to conduct surveillance
- traveled to the United States Coast Guard Building in Philadelphia to conduct surveillance
- acquired a map of Ft. Dix
- collected weapons including handguns, shotguns, and assault rifles
- reviewed terrorist training videos
- conducted tactical training in Cherry Hill, NJ
- ordered fully automatic machine guns
Sure sounds like they were serious to me!
Vice-president elect Joe Biden believes terrorists like these were created by our foreign policy. Biden places blame for terrorist acts such as these on Bush and Cheney. Rather than pen animals like this at Guantanamo Bay, Cuba, he wants to close down the terrorist detention compound. The following video is an interview Biden gave George Stephanopoulis in which he said exactly that.
I criticize Bush for many of his policies, but I thank God he got this one right! Lives were spared because we caught these animals before they could rain terror inside our borders.