Crawford outlines his plan for border security
from Blogs for Borders
On Monday, Arkansas GOP Congressional candidate Rick Crawford outlined his 3-phase plan for US border security. Crawford is a Northeast Arkansas small businessman and a veteran of the US Army, not a Washington politician or bureaucrat. Our professional politicians and bureaucrats for years have refused to make the hard decisions required to secure our southern borders.
Crawford calls the porous southern border our “most exploited border” and a “national security threat.” His 3-phase plan includes,
- Phase 1:Build a wall.
- “Not hang a piece of corrugated tin, not a virtual wall for aesthetics” says Crawford, but a defensible wall with 8-10 lawful points of entry.
- Phase 2:Document the undocumented.
- Allow a six to nine month period to allow any undocumented worker or illegal immigrant to return to one of the secure points of entry and register. At this point they’ll be “on the grid,” said Crawford. “They don’t get a driver’s license, they don’t get a benefit card,” he continued.
- Phase 3:Active enforcement.
- Following phase 2, there will be a determined effort to find those who have not registered. It will be assumed at this point that any undocumented alien is in the country for illicit purposes and law enforcement will be empowered to “take appropriate action.”
Perhaps electing real people who are accustomed to making hard decisions in the real world is the first step needed to get a real solution to our illegal immigration problem.